Armed Forces Veteran Employment Opportunity
THE CHOSEN PAW PROJECT
Stray Aid Rescue Centre, Cornforth Lane, Coxhoe, County Durham
DH6 4EL and regular off-site events.
|16 Hours per week (hours variable, with the opportunity to become
Minimum wage (with a possibility of increasing after probationary
Stray Aid is a registered charity based in Coxhoe, County Durham, dedicated to
the welfare of stray dogs and unwanted cats. We are independently funded
Stray Aid are looking to recruit an Armed Forces Veteran for an exciting new
project; “The Chosen Paw project”.
Duties will include supporting the setting up of the project and fundraising
activities. You will work with our rehoming dogs, providing exercise and
enrichment for them. You will adopt a mentoring role for wounded, injured and sick
service personnel who are volunteering at the charity as part of their recovery.
Our successful candidate will be a resilient self-starter, experienced in working
with diverse groups and able to work collaboratively to influence an ambitious
agenda inspiring positive change. You will possess excellent inter-personal skills
and your ability to build and maintain effective working relationships will be at the
forefront of everything you do. You will be someone who is keen to engage with
members of the public at community events, explaining the vital role of the charity
and encouraging donations.
A full driving licence and access to a car is essential, together with the ability to
work evenings and weekends as required.
Successful candidates will be checked through the Disclosure & Barring Service.
- To improve community cohesion and increase the charity’s visibility locally
- To fundraise for Stray Aid at shops, supermarkets and community events
- To mentor wounded, injured and sick personnel while they volunteer at Stray Aid, teaching them new skills and forging friendships, building their confidence, self belief and motivation
- To work in the community with a diverse set of user groups.
- To enrich the lives of the rescue dogs in our kennels
- To recruit, organise and manage volunteers to carry out various fund raising functions for the charity.
- To provide full support to the fundraising team, assisting in building relationships with individual supporters including veterans, donors and benefactors.
How to apply:
CV’s with covering letter addressed to:
Stray Aid Rescue Centre
Chosen Paw Project
Closing Date: 10 March 2019
If you would like further information on the post please contact Stray Aid on 0300 999 4247. John Bielby will be happy to answer any questions.